Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Dillon is here!

What a great start to July!  Dillon got here on the 30th and he and Allexies have been inseparable since.  They argue like brother and sister, but miss and constantly ask about each other when they're not together. We've been spending a lot of time at the park and skate park, movies, riding bikes, doing crafts/projects and he's also been to the water park a few times -- and we're only on our first week!  It's always busy, busy when he's here.  

We told him once he landed that we were expecting, his first question was, "We're having a little girl, right?!?!"  Good thing we were able to say yes!  


He's very excited that she "hopefully" won't try to fight him and "she's going to be so cute!"  I overheard a conversation he and my mom were having, at the restaurant, that just made me laugh.  He informed my mom that he would babysit, ONLY if she didn't try to beat him up or annoy him.  

My mother's words of wisdom: "Dillon, it's okay, if your little sister doesn't listen or tries to beat you up,  you could just put her in the crib and walk away because you're bigger and older.  I bet she'll be less annoys if the door is shut."  
Dillon: "Yeah!  You're right, good idea Grandma!"

SMH, you have to know Na and her sense of humor, I love watching the relationship that my parents have with Dil, it makes my heart smile :) -- yes, I'm a cheeseball.  It makes me even more excited to see her and my dad with our little girl.

We spent the 4th in Iowa, with some great company.  The weather was perfect, the food was delicious, the only thing missing was an alcoholic beverage, but my root beer did the trick ;)

I can't believe we're 26 weeks already, 2/3 of the way done!  She's moving around like crazy, which is fun at times but occasionally painful, too.  I've been noticing that she loves to sleep during the day, I only feel movement here and there.  However, at night, especially when Adam starts trying to talk to her, she starts moving like crazy.  Adam has a little song he likes to sing to her about kicking his hand -- a few nights ago, he was asking her why she doesn't listen (because she doesn't kick on cue) and began singing his song...well she must have wanted him to stop telling her to listen, because right on cue, she kicked him right on his face, that was planted on my tummy.  It was definitely a hilarious moment for us.


Maybe she got the soccer gene from me ;)

----------------

In all honesty, I actually forgot to post this blog earlier last week.  I will be posting another one today too to catch up, so I'm going to cut this one off here..

How far a long? 26 weeks
Maternity clothes? Yes, loving the maxi dresses right now!

Stretch marks? Not yet
Sleep: Only up 3-4 times a week
Best moment this week: Getting to tell Dil we're expecting
Miss Anything? Alcohol ;) - I think it really was just due to the holiday weekend and extra warm weather.  
Movement: She's a mover!
Food cravings: Belgium Waffles
Anything making you queasy or sick: Riding the swings at the playground
Have you started to show yet: Haha, large and in charge
Labor Signs: Not yet
Belly Button in or out? In
Wedding rings on or off? Still on, but getting puffier 
Happy or Moody most of the time:  Happy :)
Looking forward to: Our next prenatal appointment next week!


No comments:

Post a Comment